Bali International School is a diverse, caring and multicultural community. Naturally the parents of BIS students, and the students themselves, are crucial players in this community. To ensure that the school remains so, it often relies on parent volunteers to help out with school events to benefit our students. Enter the Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA).
The PTFA is a group of dedicated parent and staff volunteers who work together to
achieve the PTFA Mission, which is:
- to benefit Bali International School students through cooperation and communication among parents, teachers, friends and the community;
- to create constructive opportunities for active involvement in the school by parents.
The executive committee consists of the chairperson, treasurer and secretary and meetings are held once a month, normally on a Friday, which all parents and staff are welcome to attend.
Membership in the PTFA is automatic for all parents and teachers at BIS.
What does the PTFA do?
PTFA social activities in the past have included:
- Regular picnics/sausage sizzles to warmly welcome new and old BIS families and teachers to the school community, as well as to keep the spirit of the school sizzling;
- New parent coffee mornings hosted each term at local cafes with all parents encouraged to attend;
- Tennis tournaments for students of all ages and abilities;
- BIS Bazaars and Fun Days where students, friends, family and BIS staff can join in the fun at yard sale booths, public vendors, class activities, games and entertainment for everyone.
PTFA supports the following charities:
- Kupu Kupu
- John Fawcett Foundation
Aceh Orphanage & Education Centre
For more information please click on each charity.
What can you do for the PTFA?
There are lots of different ways for new parents, friends and colleagues of BIS to be part of the PTFA. If you would like to volunteer for a specific activity or have a new idea that would benefit the school, please come along to a PTFA meeting. It would be wonderful if we could get a representative of each BIS family to participate in at least one PTFA event this school year.