To be eligible for admission to Bali International School, a student must be a legal child of a foreign expatriate parent who is temporarily employed and residing in Indonesia and in possession of a work and stay permit. The applicant must possess a foreign passport and possess, or be in the process of obtaining, a stay permit (KITAS). Alternatively, they must be the legal child of Indonesian parents and possess a letter of dispensation to attend BIS from Depdiknas.
Registration and Waiting List
A student must complete all aspects of the application process before being placed on the school's roll. Please refer to the application process downloadable document under the "overview" link to Admissions.
This process applies to all families with siblings already in school.
BIS strives to maintain a low pupil:teacher ratio and thus If a class has reached 25 students per class, an official waiting list will be prepared. This waiting list remains in numerical sequence according to the date of registration.
Parents/guardian are responsible to ensure that all requested forms are completed and updated as requested.
1. Prior to permanent acceptance at BIS, the applicant must submit to the school's administration :
* A completed Registration Form
* A completed Health Form
* A completed Field Trip Permission Form
* A completed Liability Form
* A completed Emergency Contact Information Form
* Official Reports
o PS to Grade 11: Reports/transcripts for previous two years of schooling (where applicable)
o Students entering Grade 12: Reports/transcripts for previous three years of school.
* A photocopy of the student's passport showing
o the passport number
o the place and date of issue
o the picture
o the date of birth
o visa details
* A photocopy of each parent's passport which includes visa information.
o If a KITAS/DINAS visa cannot be shown at the time of admission administration, a letter from the employer or sponsoring agency certifying that an application for the visa has been submitted is necessary prior to the student entering the classroom.
2. The required payment of an application fee ($100). If the child later is enrolled in BIS, this fee is credited to the account.
3. Each student application will be reviewed by the School Director or designate before a letter of acceptance for a grade placement is offered.
4. In the case of Pre-School and Kindergarten students, a pre-entry meeting with the head of department or teacher will be scheduled before the date of entry. This is for both parent and child.
5. Student's admission and placement is on a provisional basis pending confirmation of all information submitted to BIS.
6. After a placement has been determined the letter of acceptance is sent to the family. At that point they are then free to lock in the seat by paying the registration fee.
7. Prior to the starting date, an invoice for fees and levies will be issued.
Placement on Enrolment
This will be 'age appropriate' placement. Placement will not be determined by previous grade placement from the home country, but will be calculated on the birth date of the student. For example commencing August of the new academic year, a student must be:
* 5 by August 31st to enter Kindergarten
* 6 by August 31st to enter Grade 1
* 7 by August 31st to enter Grade 2 etc.
All student placement or enrolment at the beginning of the school year is the responsibility of the school.